Saturday, August 26, 2023

"HE is not safe, but HE is good" C.S.Lewis

This summer, our pastor spoke on a series centered around the Psalms of Ascent. In particular, the sermon on Psalm 125 was titled "A Song of Being Safe and Sound." During this impactful sermon, Pastor Harris challenged us not to merely seek safety, but rather to be used for God's glory. While he initially referred to our children, his message has deeply resonated with me over the past two months. On July 21st, I received the diagnosis of HR+; HER-2+ breast cancer. Thankfully, it was detected early during my routine mammogram. However, this form of cancer necessitates a comprehensive treatment plan involving surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation. Even stage 1 cancers can pose significant risks, compelling me to follow the path that countless others have walked before me. I feel fortunate to be surrounded by friends and family who have recently walked a similar path and by friends who uphold me in their prayers as I navigate this journey. Through this blog, I intend to provide updates on my progress and to humbly request your prayers. Moreover, I view this platform as an opportunity to magnify God's name, for He is undeniably good. He continues to manifest His presence, repeatedly soothing my anxious heart. I find myself contemplating whether I am willing to venture beyond my comfort zone for the sake of God's glory. If even just one person is drawn to Christ through the course of my journey, my resounding answer is an unequivocal YES! Dates to pray: 9/21 chemo

No comments:

Post a Comment