Friday, September 15, 2023

Survey says - Light Chemo!

Light Chemo for the Win!!! Both doctors agreed. What a relief. What's next?

Dealing with cancer is a marathon, not a quick race. By the time I begin chemo, I will have visited doctors 20 times. I have triple-positive breast cancer that requires multiple treatments. Even though we caught it early, it will still take over a year to beat it completely. And, did I mention I dislike running? Also, I really dislike waiting! I'm in a race I never signed up for. I try to remind myself of this quote from Luke 22:42, "Father, if you are willing, remove this cup from me. Nevertheless, not my will, but yours, be done."

Here's a quick overview of my treatment plan:

- 12 weeks of chemo

- 4-weeks break

- 4 weeks of radiation

- Infusions every 3 weeks for 9 months with a medicine that stops cancer cells from growing and spreading in the body

- Then, 5-10 years of taking a medication to lower estrogen levels

So, I'll keep going in this race that's set before me. I'm lucky to have family and friends who love and support me and a God who helps me through it all.

As I face this challenge, my son Caden is dealing with his own marathon. He needs surgery for the fourth time in October. Please pray that he gets better before October and won't need the surgery. But if he does, let it be the last one, and may he heal quickly and completely! Also, please pray for this mama's heart. I won't be able to be with Caden because of my chemo, and it's going to be tough.

I'm incredibly grateful for David, who will care for both of us during this time. Please keep us in your prayers.

Prayer requests:  chemo starts 9/21, and Caden’s surgery is 10/13.  

ps:  thoughts are mine, proofreading by ChatGPT

No comments:

Post a Comment