Wednesday, September 27, 2023

This is the day…

I am one week out from my first round of chemo and have 11 more to go. Yes, I am counting down! I was greeted on Thursday by wonderful ladies who calmed my anxiety and helped me transition smoothly through my infusions. My head nurse, Dawn, is a believer. She came in singing, 'This is the day that the Lord has made' and encouraged me to sing with her. Such a God shot for me in that moment. It's very hard to 'Rejoice and be glad in it' when you are getting drugs that require so many medications for your body to tolerate the infusion. However, I am thankful for all the research that has gone into the process so I can be cancer-free.

My Bible verse in my quiet time this morning was Psalm 118:24 "This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.  A timely reminder as my 2nd round of chemo is tomorrow."

To answer some questions I received…

How do you feel?

Each day, I felt a little worse and gradually increased my nausea medicine through Sunday. On Monday, I woke up feeling better and have improved each day.

Can you go to work?

Yes, I worked 3 days this week. I am very blessed that my new job allows me to work as I can. That would not have been possible if I were still teaching. God's timing is always perfect.

How can I help?

Currently, we are doing okay. We may need meals in Oct and Nov but will post more details as needed."

3 Praises:

1.   I still have my hair
Gift cards for meals
I was able to work this week

3 Prayer Requests:

Caden’s surgery on Oct 13th
Continue to tolerate my treatment and no delays
Minimum long-term side effects



No comments:

Post a Comment