Saturday, January 1, 2022

ARFID JOURNEY WEEK 4 (Nov 2020)

 Thank you for your emails, texts, gift cards, and letters.  They mean so much to us while we are away. This past weekend we visited Holland and Lake Michigan.  It was beautiful weather and we were able to see guys parasailing.  


Mason had a great week in feeding therapy.  He added carrots, a nutritional supplement, and pears to his diet.  Today's first meal was a struggle because he thought they were going to add meat, but they are doing pancakes instead.  Please pray for wisdom for his team of therapists, that they will know how to best help Mason overcome his fear of food.  This morning, his anxiety is very real and was at the highest we have seen since week 1.

I think I hit a mental wall over the weekend.  I have shingles and it is painful and itchy, most likely brought on by stress.  Everything is hard here.  Eating a simple meal or watching TV requires multiple steps.  Thankfully, I have friends and a good husband cheered me up.  In my quiet time this morning, God reminded me I am not alone. Hosea 14:7 (She) who dwells under His shadow will return; (she) shall revive...and grow. If you don't have a copy of the devotional "Streams in the Desert" I highly recommend that you find a copy.  It was recommended to me years ago when we struggled with infertility and it soothes many troubled souls.



No comments:

Post a Comment